Visitors

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bandana Dress from Pinterest

I saw it pinned over and over again and then I pinned it and it sat in my "For the GIRLS" board forever until I finally decided to attempt it. It sounded so easy, and I'm sure it was for most people. NOTHING is ever simple for me.  I dusted off the old sewing machine my grandmother gave me. This is the first time I have used a sewing machine aside from the time I made an UGLY pillow in home economics class in 7th grade. I got a C. Needless to say it has affected my ambition trying to sew for many years. The other thing was my brother got an A+ on the same assignment the year before I had the class. I had a lot to live up to and I didn't do a very good job, haha. But, my creative/crafty hobbies has steered me back in this direction with a SIMPLE project...again, HAHA.

For those that have not seen the Bandana Dress on Pinterest, here are the simple instructions.


Bandana Dress/Shirt
This is a dress for sizes 2T/3T and a shirt for any larger. (It is a very large long shirt for my daughter-5T)

You will need:
Sewing machine
thread
at least 80 in total of ribbon (I used 1 1/2 in width ribbon)
and 2 bandanas 
 The last two are where the fun comes in! I used a camo and green bandana pattern with orange ribbon. My next project is a batman bandana with black and white zebra and a bright yellow ribbon. Oh the possibilities!!

Put the two bandanas right side facing one another. measure the width of your ribbon and add 6 in. to that. Measure down that length, start sewing from this point down to the bottom. (Your top should have the writing on it so it will eventually be hidden when sewn-mine said something about 100% cotton, blah blah blah). Sew the same thing on the opposite side. You will now sew the top of the dress where you will feed the ribbon through. Measure down the width of the ribbon and fold outward so that the seam will be on the inside of the dress and then sew this piece to  itself across to the other side. Sew the other side of the dress. Once all the sewing is complete you take one 40 in. ribbon and feed it through one of the tunnels you sewed. Do the same to the other side and tie the ribbon to the other making cute bows. And you're finished! It was as simple as it says. It also said it would take 15 minutes. It took me like 40 because I sewed too much and had to rip it out. It still ended up adorable, but I have an adorable model so that helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment